Thursday, October 18, 2007

For a Fist Full of Tokens

With FTOPS coming up and the BBToo starting in a few days I made the decision to go after a couple of tokens in the nightly frenzy's. We'll I missed the $26 frenzy so I played a token race instead and walked away with the prize. A little later I jumped into $75 token frenzy and ended up getting knocked out with the hammer. I did get the token so it was nice to be able to call the all-in push fest with the hammer and not worry about it being sucked out on.

two for two in tokens last night was fun. I'll save one for the hoy next week, if I can play it, but what do I do with the $75 chip. Do I use it for the Big Game or do I use it to hit the Razz sat to FTOPs event #2. This becomes a choice of +ev vs fun with bloggers. It's not that I don't think I can win blogger events because I do have a win but I thinkthe best use of the chip is to try and win my spot into the FTOPs Razz event. With the terrible play in many Razz events I think it would be idiotic of me to give up the chance for a bigger score. I'll just have to win another token to play in the Big Game.

Last night I played the $5 Razz tourney and ran into this hand during the one stage of the tourney.

*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to slipshaft [5c]
Dealt to Sildar [Tc]
Dealt to duergar [Qc]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5d 3c] [4d]
Dealt to Velociraptor24 [8h]
Dealt to klaymonstr [As]
Dealt to NotNowChief [8d]
duergar is high with [Qc]
duergar brings in for 15
pokerenthusiast completes it to 50
Velociraptor24 folds
klaymonstr folds
NotNowChief folds
slipshaft calls 50
Sildar folds
duergar folds

With this hand you should raise to try and thin the field. Getting heads up makes winning much easier.

*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to slipshaft [5c] [7h]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5d 3c 4d] [5s]
pokerenthusiast bets 50
slipshaft calls 50

I bet here because I don't want to show that I bricked. Even though this card hurts, I'm not out of the hand by a long shot. No free cards.

*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to slipshaft [5c 7h] [Ts]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5d 3c 4d 5s] [4c]
slipshaft bets 100
pokerenthusiast raises to 200
slipshaft calls 100

Now I have bricked again but it only appears to be the first brick. The re-raise is more of a steal attempt and proof that the paired 4 doesn't scare me and that a card lower than his 10 will put me ahead...even if it isn't true. This may be an advanced type play so be careful because you have to know the players and if they can fold a hand.

*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to slipshaft [5c 7h Ts] [Kd]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5d 3c 4d 5s 4c] [Ad]
slipshaft checks
pokerenthusiast bets 100
slipshaft folds

Now with his hand looking bad at a made 10 at best, I take another shot with what looks to be a very solid and...and it does have a great draw if he calls. Any 2, 6 or 7 will probably win the hand for me. The key to winning this hand was setting up the seed of doubt with the re-raise when I was behind. My re-raise was information gather and also gave him an idea to the apparent stregnth of my hand. If he comes back at me on my re-raise then I have a clear understanding of where he is at.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Kord Classic...

Where Bad card playing will pay off.

Rated D: for Donkalicious!

Looking that there is a chance that I will be able to make it.

surflexus said...

Hey D,
I would agree with the use of the token but there is one more consideration. This week's Big Game is the start of the BBT2 and the winner of the tourney gets a 1/30 chance at a 18,000 dollar prize; something to consider.