Thursday, March 16, 2006

Random Junk

So I donk off $4 in the matter of 1 minute the other day. I sit down at a .10-.20 table thinking its LHE and get AdQd in late position and raise. As I hit the raise button I realize it is the all-in button but it is to late. I get 1 caller with his KJ and a Jack spikes on the turn. That was fun.

I did have success as the .01-.02 NL table while trying to get back what I squandered, up 200 bb in a short session. Nothing interesting happened other then waiting for hands and getting paid off.

I had a brutal session playing .25-.50 LHE dropping most of a buy-in. The good luck I had early has defiantly turned to teasing draws and counterfeit holdings. While I continue to have faith in my ability I’m frustrated by the results. I’ve given back $8 in the last couple of days and feel like it isn’t going to change anytime soon.

On other things….

I’ve been sick the last couple days. Nothing earth shattering but run down and un motivated. I fell asleep in my chair last night watching the WPT and woke up during the replay of the same episode. I got to see Kenna James get sucked out on to lose the event and the Bicycle. I thought he played a solid game only to get unlucky in the end. Anyway, I will be attending company meeting early next week so hopefully I’m better by then. I can’t imagine staying awake for two days of sales forecasts and company initiatives while feeling like this.


On the softball front, I think L is going to move up to the 14U in house league. At this point she is a dominant player at 12U in our town and won’t be challenged by the play at that level. My wife and I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to move up. This truly delights me as a father. The fact that she wants to be challenged and is willing to be an average player at a higher level instead of a star player at a lower level is an indication of her will to improve and desire to achieve great things. I only hope the league will allow it.

No comments: