Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Poker Ideals

No poker last night. I realized after looking at the numbers that poker was becoming a second job. This would be OK if my return was at a higher level but at $1.57 per hour it’s hard to justify the time. Additionally, the wife is getting upset with the amount of time I’ve been playing and feels that I should back off. When I looked at the numbers I think I should agree with her. My first week consisted of 25+ hours of play while my second week was at 23+. Granted, most of these hours were spent after the family was in bed but those are a lot of hours for a $1.57/hr job. She would like me to cut back to 5 hours a week but I think I will negotiate 10-15. This will allow me 10 hours on the weekend with maybe 5 during the week. This would probably suffice for the time being and as I move up in levels my hourly rate should increase. Eventually I would like to sustain a rate around the $10/hr mark but that is out of the question at this time. I just don’t have the bankroll to achieve that at this time.



We'll see if I can bring it up.

No comments: