Monday, March 20, 2006

I Love Food

I seem to be digesting food again so I guess it was a good weekend. The four days of hell my body went through was taxing my mind as I felt I would never get better. The only good thing was that if I didn’t eat or drink I felt great.

I had exactly no success playing poker over the weekend. I lost total of about .50 during numerous sessions over the weekend. I ended up play .10/.20 LHE instead of dropping down. This is level I should be playing at with my roll and I felt completely comfortable. Playing here. I did have a nice suck out when I rivered quads but for the most part I missed my draws and held second best almost exclusively.

This week doesn’t look good for poker. I have a personnel meeting tonight and work meetings until late on Tuesday. Wednesday I have a team meeting as well as other church stuff while Thursday is the council meeting. Other than that I don’t have much going on in my life.

In other things…

I saw a documentary on the U.S. women’s soccer team yesterday. I don’t remember the name of it but it was an outstanding tribute to a group of women who did what was necessary to inform a population the girls can play to. There is no way any group of men would sacrifice the amount of time and energy that these lady’s did for the sport they love. Of coarse the men don’t have to.

The free weekend of HBO and Skinomax ended at 5:00 this morning. The most enjoyable movie I saw over the weekend was also a cult favorite from the early 70’s. Can you name this Stanley Kubrick film? 2001: A Space Odyssey? No. It was A Clockwork Orange. If you haven’t seen this futuristic tale of ultra-violent behavior and twisted personalities then I would certainly put it in my suggested viewing section.

Being that I’m not really a blogger but play one on the web, another in the blogger community won her way into the WSOP with a win last night. Check it out on here. I’ve been reading Sheverb for a while and love how candid her thoughts and reflections on life can be. Great stuff. And she can play some poker.

Time to go through the blog roll and check out the other killers of productivity at the work place.

No comments: