Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Making a Nice Run and Playing the Mookie

The brilliance that is my company made the decision to leave for California on Thursday instead of Friday so I’ll be arriving at LAX around 9:00 PM. We then have to drive to Camarillo so I have no chance to play the Riverchasers event. I also won’t get home until after 9:00 pm on Friday so It will be a poker free couple of days.

Tonight is the Mookie so be there at 9:00 central time. It is the next event in the BBT so take your chances to win some money and move up on the leader board. Also, play the riverchasers event on Thursday because it is more of the same.

Tournament: The Mookie
Where: Full Tilt Poker
When: Wednesday. 10pm ET
Buyin: $10+1
Password: vegas1

Tournament: Riverchasers Tour Event #8
When: Thursday, April 19th, 9:00pm ET
Game: NLHE
Buyin: $10 1
Password: riverchasers8

I did play a little poker last night is that’s what you call my attempt. I played two sngs with one cash before being bounced from the Token Frenzy without the prize. I moved to Razz and another cheap buy-in HE tourney and didn’t do much to speak of. At one point, I played some Anti-Stud High with waffles. He was grinding the cash table so I jumped on for some donkey chasing fun. We eventually moved to a 1/2 table and I hit one big hand that got me back to even for the night.

At around 10:30 I saw a tourney starting so I threw my money in there and gave it a shot. 3 1/2 hours later I was knocked out in 18th place after trying to push a run of cards for one more hand. I had been card dead for a while and just got moved to a new table. The massive chip leader was sitting across the table and was raising every other hand. I was sitting in 15th of 19 players at the time this hand occurred.

Seat 1: pokerenthusiast (30,226)
Seat 2: Oinland (147,917)
Seat 3: THOMASFRIEND (77,160)
Seat 6: 6138 (45,362)
Seat 7: trav60_us (423,760)
Seat 9: kimnms (46,292)
pokerenthusiast antes 500
Oinland antes 500
THOMASFRIEND antes 500
6138 antes 500
trav60_us antes 500
kimnms antes 500
kimnms posts the small blind of 2,000
pokerenthusiast posts the big blind of 4,000
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [9s Td]
Oinland folds
THOMASFRIEND folds
6138 folds
trav60_us raises to 9,000
kimnms folds
pokerenthusiast calls 5,000

Everyone is afraid of this guy. He is pushing his chips around and stealing pot after pot. I call here because I figure a push will induce a call.

*** FLOP *** [Ac 7c Th]

This gives me 2nd pair. He has shown he will raise with any two so I make a preemptive strike to take his chips.

pokerenthusiast bets 20,726, and is all in
trav60_us folds
Uncalled bet of 20,726 returned to pokerenthusiast
pokerenthusiast mucks
pokerenthusiast wins the pot (23,000)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 23,000 | Rake 0
Board: [Ac 7c Th]
Seat 1: pokerenthusiast (big blind) collected (23,000), mucked
Seat 2: Oinland folded before the Flop
Seat 3: THOMASFRIEND folded before the Flop
Seat 6: 6138 folded before the Flop
Seat 7: trav60_us folded on the Flop
Seat 9: kimnms (small blind) folded before the Flop

This may not be the best move but I think he makes his raise with just about any 2 cards.

The next hand I get AQ suited in the SB. There are 2 limpers in front so I pop it to 20K or just under half of my stack. All fold and I move up to 58K. Now at this point I’m 8th with 18 left but I have 1/3 of the stack that the #7 player has. Do I sit back to make a final table or do I try to get in a position to win? I want to win.

The next hand I get AT and it’s folded to me on the button. I raise to 20K and the SB calls. He has me covered by a lot so what does he have? I have no read at all. Anyway, the flop comes out and he makes a small bet into the pot. This is either a stealing value bet or he has a monster. The flop was J high and I saw it as a blocking/steal bet so I pushed into his QQ. No suckout came and I’m done. Though It may have been a questionable push by me, my opponent was getting 2-1 on a call for ½ his chip stack. If he misses with AK or AQ he will probably fold to my aggression.

The real story to this tourney was using what appeared to be a very tight image to re-steal pots to keep me moving along. I had two small runs of cards that didn’t help me very much. Everything else was pure gut check time. JL514 was railing me when I made a big push with JT after 4 limper tried to see a flop. It was a squeeze that chipped me up just when I needed it after they all folded. It wasn’t a big win but it was playing the game with less then stellar cards and being successful.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

you played great last night, don't sweat the small cash, chalk it up to a learning experience and take down the next one. See ya tonight