Monday, April 02, 2007

The Ides of March

March is over but I didn’t achieve the same success I had last month. 8 final tables for the month that paid and a couple of more that didn’t for 10 total. I guess I can see that things were running good last month and for part of this month. Overall my better hands were holding up or I had accumulated enough chips to overcome the beats that hit me.

In the end, I had a return of over 100% in my MTT play for the month and cashed in 21% of the tourneys I played and generally happy with my game. The highlight of the month was taking down a $5 MTT on UB for a $265 payday. This isn’t huge for many of the players out there but a win is a win. That tourney alone covered my expenses for the rest of the month.

I cashed in 5 different types of events over the month including Horse, Razz, PLO and PLO 08. I’m happy with the diversity of my game and I feel that playing these different games help all of my games in different ways. My biggest need for improvement is in stud. I think my game has improve a lot and I’m starting to do a better job of placing players on their down cards but I have a long way to go.

I think one of the areas that I’ve improved is staying away from getting my chips all-in to early in the hand. This has given me the ability to get away from a big hand that has missed a flop. I’m going broke less often and chipping up better. It also gives me an better image when I come over the top. I’m winning more hands uncontested when I re-raise with this method so we’ll se how it continues.

****************

I grinded out a bunch of SNGs last night as part of my challenge. I had little success but did increase my challenge bankroll to about $12. The juice is killing me so I need to get this up into $23 range so I can have a little room to work. I made one big mistake though when I signed up for a $2 heads up match by mistake. Don’t ask me how I did it because I’m not sure my self. Anyway, a 27% ROI is less then I’m looking for but not bad considering the juice. Another 25 at this rate should get me to the next level.

******************

As much as I’d like to play all the blogger event that are coming around over then next 3 months, I don’t think I can do it. I don’t have the bankroll to play the $20 hoy events and play the Mookie and/or Riverchaser events. It’s to bad because I’d like to give this a shot. I’ll probably play some Mookie’s and a few Riverchaser’s but I can’t fit the whole thing into my bankroll.

No comments: