Thursday, August 16, 2007

Three Cheers and a Little Pokery Fun

Well we made it. The waiting is over. We were informed today that she made the team. No more worry and no more tryouts for another year. She got the call today and they are looking at her to be the number one pitcher. Funny how things change when the coach’s daughter isn’t the main influence on pitching time. Now we just have to find some sponsorship so we don’t have to come up with a crap load of money. Anyone wishing to sponsor a team for a few hundred can contact me. They are a non profit organization so you can write it off on your taxes. I can’t believe I’m looking for softball sponsors on my poker blog. Anyway, big ups go to my daughter.

On the poker front, I played the Mookie last night and got a little going early when I turned a flush. I gave some back over time but came out swinging a little later just trying to maintain my stack. Then card deadness set in and with all the action I could hardly get a raise in. I eventually went out when I tried to push someone, I can’t remember who, in their blind while I held J8 sooted. They called with pocket 3s and sent me to the rail in 29th place when my over cards didn’t hit. Congrates goes to surf who took it down vs. hoy in a heads up battle.

The good new is that I played Razz again. I had the best run of starting cards I’ve ever had and if some of them would have caught I could have gone really deep. I did make a nice run and made a final table but I was short stacked and had to make a tough lay down on the final table bubble. I was ahead but with 87652 and with his draw I was at best a coin flip. It may have been a bad fold but I did make the final table.

I played golf today for the first time in 4 years. I played a lot of golf at one time but family got in the way and I had to give something up. So, yesterday I found my clubs, all covered in rust and neglect. I took a few balls into the back yard and checked my chip and lob game and found it was still intact. All in all I was happy with the way I played but I had a few terrible shots today. If it wasn’t for a few flop shots and a couple of chip and runs I would have been about worthless.

That’s it for now…Have a good one.

1 comment:

surflexus said...

Thanks again D!!!