Monday, August 27, 2007

I Can Win Sometimes


I played almost 4 hours of donkey poker last night and all I got for it was an MTT win. That’s right, I won a tourney. I even have proof.

I was sitting around watching some stupid movie last night and jumped on to see what was starting and saw Omaha hl. I’ve done ok with the game so I pulled it up and waited for the start time to arrive. The I realized it was NL Omaha hl. I realized this with time to spare but I figured I’d donk it up and got waffles to play it with me. He lasted for a while but could handle the donk plays that came from every direction. My strategy was to stay on the sidelines unless I had a strong hand and then play it super aggressive. It worked as I maintain a smallish stack for much of the tourney. I took a big hit when I pushed with a double flush draw and the nut low draw but can up empty. I had 800 chips left with average at 5600 and came back strong. I pushed a few hands in a row and got lucky to get me out of danger. I stayed low and maintained my stack as the bubble approached and hit a couple of big hands to move into the top ten. When I hit the final table I was in 6th and waited for a few to bust. The I attacked the medium stacks and built up until someone finally played back at me. This time I had a hand and moved into 2nd. IWhen I got into a hand I bet in such a way to show I was committed to the pot and the weakness of my opponents came out. I eventually took the chip lead with about 160K to 80K and 70K. I didn’t let anyone limp and I re-raised half of their stack over and over again. When I knocked out the 3rd place guy I held 4-1 lead and eventually took him out when he got tired of me pushing him around.

It was a nice score and long overdue.

I was going to recap my midnight madness run but this win over shadowed it so I’m done with that.

Softball E had her first practice with her new team on Sunday. They are going to kick some butt…mark my word. They best part is that SE is no longer the star on the team. There are a couple of girls, including her, that can fill that role on the team and that is a good thing. It should help her bring up her game. During batting practice she hit one to the fence that would have been out is she had lifted the ball a little. Anyway, the skill level on this team is much higher than her old team. And the team speed is much higher.

That’s it for today…have a great day.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Very nice! Congratulations!

23skidoo said...

Way to go Dusty!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Nice work Dusty, veyr impressive.

The Poker Enthusiast said...

Thanks guys...It was a nice to get back to the winners circle.

SirFWALGMan said...

Holly crap! Nice job! I donked out early due to a severe suckout by a total fucking tard.. ah well..