Monday, August 20, 2007

Ooops...I Knew That

I did a little pimping over the weekend. I try to do that so my seven readers don’t have to sift through the myriad of information in order to find out what is going on with me.

I played a little over the weekend but not a lot. I dumped some money in a couple of tourneys and made some back in sngs and ended the weekend with a little less than I started with.

I had a moment of clarity yesterday as I realized that idiots don’t fold. They don’t realize that you’ve folded 25 straight hands and think you are full of crap when you raise after a long hiatus. I had a guy say in the chat, after he busted me with his 9T vs. my AK, “I thought you were full of crap. Now he was the big stack but it was for over half his stack and is there a spot that you can envision calling half your stack with 9T off suit? I had literally not played a hand for 4 orbits short handed and my stack was such that I could have folded my small blind. In reality, I over bet for value because I knew this ass monkey would call and I just got hit by variance. But wow, some guys are really bad players. I did hit quad aces during one game but I forgot to take a screen shot so you’ll have to take my word on it.

*******************

I had an inkling a couple of weeks ago that something was going on at home. I found a list of names sitting out and I asked my daughter what it was and she said it was nothing. It was a list of friends that I haven’t to much lately and so in my mind I saw surprise party. I turned 40 a month ago and it would make sense that they would do it later after the anniversary of my birth. I had put it out of my mind for the most part until Saturday when I was out doing errands. I got a call from Mrs. PE to head over to a friends house and help him reconnect his surround sound system. When I got done I headed home and she called me frantic that I had forgot to help him with a ceiling fan. I was almost home so I continued to my residence intent on dropping off some things before I headed back to work on the fan. My wife and mother stopped me in the driveway and tried to turn me around where I stood. I just wanted to take the stuff inside but they were insistent. I actually got a little upset…well, a lot upset by the situation. Anyway, I got back in the car and headed back to my friends when it dawned on me what was going on. In the end, I arrived home later to a household of friends and a night of consumption. It was a great time and I thank Mrs. PE for all the time and effort…even if I did figure it out.

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

happy birthday

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.