Thursday, February 22, 2007

Two Final Tables at the Mookie

I hand a nice run in the Mookie last night. This is who and the order of my starting table.

love_elf
pokerenthusiast
Drizztdj
hacker59
a104l9
BuddyDank
DonkeyPuncher74
jjok
a104l9 calls 145

My first big hand happened early when hacker59 pushed over the top of my AK suited raise. He had a smaller stack after just losing some chips so I called figuring for at worst a coin flip but more then likely I would have a dominate ace. He flips over 1010 but I flop top pair and end up with a boat. I also dropped the hammer on love_elf when she went for a SB steal. I won another nice pot when DonkeyPuncher74 raised my BB. He had done this a few times and I was ready to come back at him with my QT suited. The flop was 23A and I check. He makes a continuation bet and I wait a little before re-raising a little more then the minimum trying to show value. He folds and I win with nothing.

For the next hour I stayed about even until the blinds started getting bigger when I get T7 on the button. I had not played anything for a long time and just wanted some blinds so I figured a raise would take it down. Papi Justify calls. Now he had been very aggressive all night and I know he will take a stab with nothing. I’m hoping to catch a flop or that my image will pay me off. He has me covered. The flop is 4T5 rainbow and he leads out for 600. I push and he folds. A great flop for me there but I probably make that move anyway unless the flop comes big. That hand puts me back over 300 chips and I’m ready to start fighting. I steal a blind just before finding 99 in my hand. DonkeyPuncher goes all-in and I call his short stack knowing I’ll still have a workable stack if I lose and that he could push with any two cards. He has JT and hits a 10 on the flop but I catch a 9 on the turn to knock him out and move me to 5000 chips.

After a long wait I get the hand I’ve been waiting for. AA in the SB. The first 4 quickly flod and I’m worried that I will get no action but Zeem answers the call with a 4x raise. Chuckdnb pushes over the top of Zeem and I push to isolate with Zeem getting out of the way. Chucked held 88 but my aces held and I move into the chip lead overall. Then I get nothing for a while but make the final table.

One player is gone and I get 88 from middle position and raise it to 1500 and Maudie calls from the BB. The flop is 456 and I’m fairly happy. I make a pot size bet and she pushes. The question is did she catch part of the flop or does she have trips. She had trip 5’s and I’m done in 8th. I may have over played my 8s here because I was committed to the pot if she pushes. If I bet 2/3 of the pot I could have folded but I’m not sure if I would have. A small mistake by me and well play by here.

I also made the final table in the 2nd chance turbo Razz event but got knocked out in 7th. I made a bad call on two different hands that put me in a go position with no room for error. It was fun and Turbo Razz is the nutz.

No comments: