Friday, February 02, 2007

Duh Bears and Pokery Fun

It is colder than a witch’s tit. It’s too bad the Super Bowl isn’t being played in Chicago because the Bears would have a big advantage. I think the high for Sunday is going to be 8 degrees or some thing like that. Anyway, the cat was waiting by the door to go out this morning so I open it up. She sticks her head outside, looks around and high tails it back into the house. To cold for kitty.

I have all my Bears stuff on today which includes a hat, uniform and a Bears t-shirt. I’m looking forward to spewing out how well they Bears played and how they will repeat next year. Rex will have a great game and go down in history as one of the great Super Bowl quarterbacks. And now back to reality.

Tonight will be a night of pokery fun or that is what I hope. I’m going to Sam’s Club after work to get essentials for this weekend and maybe dinner with the family while we’re out. With luck I’ll be able to play the daily double and then go from there.

I’ve cut back my poker playing. That was a statement of fact. It has nothing to do with anything other then I was playing way too much. When the virtual world starts to interfere with the real world then there is a problem. I don’t think it got to that point but spending 4 or 5 hours a night, 5 or 6 days a week was too much. If I was making a bigger return then that would be OK but I could do much better working a part time job at the hardware store or something. I’m going to cut it back to 2 maybe 3 nights a week and see if I survive. One thing I’ve noticed all ready is that I’m not nearly as tired at the end of the day. Narcolepsy is not going on and I feel healthier. I guess 4-5 hours of sleep a night for weeks straight does have a negative impact. I was hard to do at first in that after the kids went to bed I was ready to fire up the laptop. After a few days I got used to the new flow and now look forward to my next night of playing instead of feeling obligated to playing.

So have a good weekend everyone and make sure you put your money on the Bears. It’s a sure thing.

No comments: