Friday, May 19, 2006

That's Life

That's life (that's life), that's what all the people say
You're ridin' high in April, shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life (that's life), and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life (that's life), I tell you I can't deny it
I thought of quitting, baby, but my heart just ain't gonna buy it
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
Each time I find myself layin' flat on my face
I just pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life (that's life), that's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cuttin' out but my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothin' shakin' come this here July
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball a-and die

My, my!


I may be from the hair band era but I like my Frank Sinatra. I think the lyrics to “That’s Life” seem to fit how things are going for me at the moment. I really do have positive attitude about the whole situation and I know I be back on top soon.

********************

Poker has been treating me like a red headed stepchild this week. Of coarse I have not helped my self with stupid calls and idiotic bets. I’m still getting knocked out on the bubble as I did it 5 more times yesterday. One of the times was me being an idiot and trying to push an equal stack off his hand. For some reason I’m under the impression that everyone is trying to bluff me so I call them down. Many of the times I was correct but lose to a tree outer or some other combination of junk kicking. The other times I’ve bubbled seem to be injustice for the most part. I know it will turn around but crap this is sucking balls right now.

********************
So this is it from Montgomery, Illinois. I have my checks and paper work and will be leaving in a little while. My son has a program at pre-school at 11:00 I think 10:30 will be it for the rest of the day. I don’t think I’ll even tell anyone I’m leaving. I wont be missed. I will soon be the punch line to a long and strenuous story that only a few people get. People who never even knew me will repeat the story for years to the new employees. I aim to please so have fun at my expense because I’m moving to big and better things. Don’t cry a tear for me Argentina because I will survive

No comments: