Friday, July 06, 2007

New Realizations

Tonight is a normal poker night so I’m sure I’ll spend some time on the virtual felt. But I’ve come to a realization. That poker and me, in the summer time, is not a good combination. For most of the first five months of the year I was doing well and maintained my focus. Since the middle of May I’ve been losing the battle with the game. Sure, I’ve had some bad beats and I’ve made some bad plays but I went through the same stuff earlier in the year. Now the problem is bigger because I’m not playing as much and I’m losing the focus that I had. I’m in a mode of unbelief when someone comes back at me and I’m unable to throw away good hands. If I don’t change my ways I will be done without a way to get money back into on-line poker.

Another realization I’ve had is I still want to play ball. I enjoy watching the kids play but I’d like to get back on the field and play. But I probably won’t. If I go back and play it will be a full time schedule and not just for fun. I’m not sure my family could handle me playing ball again.

No comments: