Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday In The Park

Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day.

That is the story of our softball life this year. Both girls had their games called off today because of last night's rain. The funny part is that the game today were rain make-ups.

*******************

I got to play with my old boss last night and had a blast. We started off playing a couple of low cost MTTs and needs less to say I didn't do crap. In the first one my playable hands didn't hit on the flop so I made up for it like a donkey. The old boss played well and lasted well into the second hour but a dumb play vs a week player and donated most of his stack. He ended up just out of the money when he could have fold to the cash. I don't blame him for staying aggressive but this player was a calling station that contimued to get hit in the face with the deck. Old boss tried a bluff and got burned.

I also played a second MTT while he was still going and chipped up well. Additionally, I opened another tourney on Party and as well as Stars, for three tourneys while my buddy played the last one I opened. I got knocked out in all three of these as the favorite so I guess I shouldn't complain.

We eventually hit a $25NL table and had a blast playing at each other. He played a crazy 47% of the hands and tripled up within 20 minutes. He is working on a new style and though I'm not sure I like, he was paid off when he hit a hand.

After almost 5 hour playing with the old boss, I jumped on a $5 turbo re-buy on noble at 2:00 this morning. I made the final table(9th) with a nice profit even though I had pocket kings busted both time i had them. They were beat by Q9 and 72 suited. At least one was the suited hammer as I realize I can't beat a powerful hand like that. If I had gotten by that hand, I'm sure I would have ended up in the 5 as I would have been top three in chips and some really short stacks ready to be bounced.

No comments: