Friday, June 23, 2006

The Pain

Back in the day ABC had the Wide World of Sport. It was a great show in that it covered many events that were not part of main stream America. But one of the best parts was the beginning of the show. They talked about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat while showing a guy jump over oil drums while skating with the climax (yes, I said climax) being the ski jumper falling off the ski jump in an end over end crash. I feel like the ski jumper right now. I should be sitting in a hospital right instead of writing because of the beating I've been taking for the last few days. For the most part I'm making the right decisions but the beats are still killing me slowly. I've cashed in three of my last fifteen and was ahead in 9 of the 12 loses after the flop and/or turn only to get punched in the head. I think I may change over to the cash tables for a while to change things up and to refocus.

********************

The USA World Cup is over with a wimper. We could cry about the bad call by the ref but in reality it was pasive play from the team that caused their demise. Star players were not to be seen on the field of play insituations that they should shine. There are times, like the World Cup, when players rise to the hights they are to achieve or crumble like a house of cards. The US squad made their bed when they lost their first game. It is almost impossible to advance to the second round of the World Cup after a lose in your first game and they proved it. The head coach needs to be fired and the team needs to look at a new way of playing the game because they style of play they used sure didn't work.

********************

As the in house softball season is prepairing for the end of the season tourney, both of the girls teams are stuggling. Some of it comes down to defining the positions that make each team as good as possible. In the end I think they can both do well in their tournaments.

The last weekend in June will see the girls getting into the meat of their travel schedules so we will have lots of weekend time playing ball and hanging out together. It should be fun.

1 comment:

TripJax said...

I always liked that intro...very cool.

Arena needs to leave the Arena...