Saturday, April 29, 2006

Friday Night Results

I took 12th in 5+.50 MTT Noble last night. I made big mistakes that hindered furthure advancement.

My first mistake was calling a re raise of my blind steal. I raised 3x from middle position and a late position player went all-in over the top. I held AJ and thought he was pushing to by the blinds but I was wrong. His JJ was good. That knocked me down from 10,000 to 6,000.

A little later with the blinds at 500/1000 I was on the BB and called an all-in for 1250 more with 84 off suit. I was getting an OK prive for the call but new I was behind.

so now sitting at around 3500 chips I get doubled up by a bigger stack. If I fold the last hand I have around9500 chips instead of 7000 plus I knock a player out. This play came back to knock me out later in the event.

So I was 2 spots from the bigger money so I continue to have some success with these tourneys but I still need that big finish.

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Heavy Critters said...

Were you and I in the same MTT?? I played a $5. +50 on Titan (which shares a platform with Noble), and was knocked out in 14th place.

You didn't happen to see a BloodyP at your table, did you? And/Or, what's your name on Noble??

Nice score, though!

The Poker Enthusiast said...

Yours was on wednesday or thursday, I did it on friday night. I should have taken a screen shot.