Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Razz Skills and the KORD this Friday

After a long day of work I was ready to play the skills game last night. It was Razz which is one of my favorites to play but I had one problem...I wasn't going to be home at the start of the tourney. So, I signed up anyway knowing that I would arrive after the start of the tournament. Finally, around 40 minutes after the start I showed up with a playable hand ready to go. Who knows how many winning hands I gave up but I still had a nice stack and moved it up over starting stack in a short time.

I didn't do much for the rest of the hour but hit a big hand a bit later and moved into the top three spots. I had one hand in the second hour that was really the defining moment in my tournament. I'm posting it at Brickin The Nutz if you would like to see it. Anyway, I made it into the final 20 spots but couldn't catch the hands I needed to get me over the hump. It was good fun regardless of my finish.


Also, Friday night is the KORD. This months version is called SLB's Umbilical KORD named after last months winner. He put a bounty on his head for a buy-in if I remember right and there will be a random bounty placed on another player yet to be determined. The tourney takes place on Full Tilt on Friday the 18th at 9:00 central time with a buy-in of 7.70. It is a knockout tourney with $2 being the bounty on each player. The winner will also get a banner created in their honor placed on both Brickin The Nutz and here on this site so come one and all and enjoy the fun. The password is "pokere".

Have a great day.

No comments: