Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Crap Happens

I need a new floor in the kitchen because of the water that fell on it. Hardwood floors seem to attract water and thus the floor is starting to do things that it isn't suppose to do. I have no idea how much this will cost but but insurance should cover it. It would be nice if they just gave me the check and I could leave it un fixed.

I have nothing much to say about poker other then there are many bad players playing at the higher levels. I can't believe the ridiculous play of some of these idiot...me included. I'm not sure how many draw my opponents hit but I lost count after a while. I tried to stay off tilt but it started to creep in near the end as I had my 2457Q vs. xx5TQ beat by his T when I paired twice on at the end. This was a microcosm of my night and when you are playing 3/6...you lose money quick.

One last thing is the friggin weather. I wind was blowing about 40 MPH last night with wind chills at -25 degrees. I'm in for the night but my daughter wants me to take her to friends house to help with her friends home work. Sorry...call he on the phone because I'm not going outside. I can't believe the way the temperature is going up and down and all around. Maybe there is something to this global warming thing I've read about.

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Ahhh, wind chills at -25. Those sound down right balmy. I woke this morning to a thermometer reading -17 and a wind chill in the -40s.

I want global warming back.

4dbirds said...

I'm right with you with the daughter wanting rides here and there. Almost every night, after my challenging commute on the DC beltway, she is right at the door wanting me to take her somewhere and then come back to get her an hour or two later. I've put my foot down. No way, there is a bus system and she can ride it. Now when I'm home, I'm home. I'm not going out for anything.