Friday, February 01, 2008

A Little Poker and a Little Snow

I left work on time yesterday but not early. The boss came through and said we could leave early because the roads were getting bad. This would have been great if it had been more then 15 minutes before it was time for me to go home. And I would have had to use personal time to do it. Hell with that.

We ended up getting about 10 inches of snow before it stopped a little bit ago. Schools are closed and the roads were covered but most of the morons stayed home so the drive to work was easy. Last night it took me 2 hours to drive the 26 miles home so this morning was wonderful.

I played the Riverchasers last night. I has been a while since I have played that and I made an ok run but never did get a lot going, I had one nice pocket pair that I squeezed with but had a lot of nothing overall. I used my image to take some pots as I tried to find a spot for a double. It came when a superstar made a call of my push with his A8 and hit a 3 outer to cripple me. I really don't understand when calling a push with A8 will ever be a winning play unless I truly am a donk and think it is a good hand. I guess I could have been pushing with 22-77 so it could have been a coinflip but wow. I went on steam cycle but stayed off the tables. I eventually went to 3/6 Razz for a bit and made a small profit for the night.

I may try and get a Razz cash game going with some bloggers from BTN. Come find me and check us out.

No comments: