Monday, May 21, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

The Poker Enthusiast family was very busy over the weekend. We had softball, poker and parties to keep us on the go almost non-stop.

Friday night Softball Enthusiast had a game about 5 minutes from my work place. This was a nice change in that I didn’t have to hurry home to see her play. Her team played a team from St. Charles and they won 18-2. The other team could do anything against the pitching they saw while S.E.’s team scored at will. Apparently the other team was missing a pitcher due to injury and thus could field a competitive team.

When we got home, I fired up the poker machine and jumped into two tourneys. I made a nice run in the first one but never got the stack I needed to close the deal. I went out a little before the money but played a solid game for the most part. The second tourney was all together different.

I chipped up early. They best part was that I didn’t put my self in jeopardy at any point. I did have to throw away a hand or two but almost everything I played worked out. With about 50 players left I was sitting in the top 10 when I got involved in a hand with AK. I raised and got called by one of the blinds. The flop came Axx and it was checked to me. I mad a pot size bet and my opponent pushes. I have him covered and I won’t be crippled if I call and lose so I make the call. I put him on a weaker ace and that’s what he had. AJ is gold when he hits his jack and I’m now in a fight. I switched gears a little and started to increase my steals. With 18 left I’m back into 10th place and read to make the final table. By the time we get down to 13 players, I’m still in 10th and need to chip up some more. That’s the time I get caught in a steal attempt while holding K6. I make the call knowing I’m behind except that I’m really ahead. He pushed with JT. The flop comes TTJ and my game is over. 13th isn’t bad.

After the tourney I jumped onto UB and played some HORSE and eventually changed to Triple Draw. I had a great run and won a buy-in vs. a couple of calling stations. It was a good night of poker.

Saturday was another softball day with both girls having games. Both played well but don’t ask me the score of Softball E.’s game because I don’t remember. Anyway Speedy E.’s team lost by 1 in a very good game. Speedy was up with the bases loaded and two outs in the 6th and hit a one hop smash up the middle. The pitcher for the other team snared the drive and threw her out to end the inning. In the 7th we had 3 lined drive outs that ended our chances to win the game.

Sunday was church in the morning, birthday party in the early afternoon, another Softball E. game in the mid-afternoon and a party to finish the day. By the time I got home last night I was beat and ready for bed. But instead I jumped onto FT and watch hoy make a great run in the FTOP’s main event. He ended up taking 101st if I remember right and the cash that went with it. Good job man.

So that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments: