Thursday, December 20, 2007

Its Chistmas KORD

Wow...the end of the audit season. I really only have two out side audits a year but they come about a month apart. This last one was much easier because we on make one product that falls under the scope and it is made for one customer. Easy peasy.


I also want to remind everyone that the Christmas KORD will be on Friday night at 8:30 central time. The cost is $7 + .70 and there is a $2 bounty on each players' head. The password is pokere so jump on to Full Tilt Friday night and play. I forgot to do it money added so instead I will be sending the winner $10 just because I am nice. Also, there will be a $10 bounty on the head of Surflexus as he is the current KORD and he felt so good about being a donkey razz player that he placed it upon him self. So think about it...Win the tourney and you get a nice little payday plus you will knock out a few players at $2 a pop, you knock out surf and you get another $10. Just they way you want to start a weekend.

I played a little poker last night as I tried to push aside the remaining audit tilt I was feeling. I started with...fuck, I don't remember what I started with but I didn't cash. Anyway, I played the $3 turbo because of the skill it takes to play that and didn't cash and also played the $5 razz and missed the money by a spot or two. What a stupid friggin game. Anyway, I started the Dookie, limit hold'em...turbo. What the hell is turbo limit hold'em? I can see no redeeming value to the game. So with that said I cashed and ended the night up $5. I am so skilled.

One of the fun hands I was involved in was semi early in Razz. A little hand history but some explanation to go with it.

Seat 1: giantfishy (1,450)
Seat 2: YoungGuns73 (3,176)
Seat 4: pokerenthusiast (2,361)
Seat 5: waryur (1,852)
Seat 6: pokerjulien (1,956)
Seat 7: posmoss (1,380)
Seat 8: davedutch (2,738)
giantfishy antes 15
YoungGuns73 antes 15
pokerenthusiast antes 15
waryur antes 15
pokerjulien antes 15
posmoss antes 15
davedutch antes 15
*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to giantfishy [6d]
Dealt to YoungGuns73 [8h]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [Ad 5d] [4s]
Dealt to waryur [Kd]
Dealt to pokerjulien [Ts]
Dealt to posmoss [3h]
Dealt to davedutch [5h]
waryur is high with [Kd]
waryur brings in for 25
pokerjulien folds
posmoss completes it to 80
davedutch raises to 160
giantfishy folds
YoungGuns73 folds
pokerenthusiast calls 160
waryur folds
posmoss raises to 240
davedutch raises to 320
pokerenthusiast calls 160
posmoss calls 80

One of the things I like to do is keep in control of the pot size. Most of the time I wont reraise unless I'm trying to isolate someone or someone calls with a high card up. In this case I had to opponents driving up the price. I have the nut draw possibility just like they do. This really isn't the time to be capping the bet because nobody has a made hand.

*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [Ad 5d 4s] [2c]
Dealt to posmoss [3h] [7h]
Dealt to davedutch [5h] [3d]
pokerenthusiast checks
posmoss bets 80
davedutch raises to 160
pokerenthusiast calls 160
posmoss raises to 240
davedutch raises to 320
pokerenthusiast calls 160
posmoss calls 80

We all hit good cards here and my two opponents proceed to get as much money into the pot as they can. Without having a made hand this is questionable but the one player is now short on chips and has to call everything down. At this point I am going to chase to the river because of the amount of chips in the pot. This is the draw back to throwing all that money into the middle early as players get priced in to chase.

*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [Ad 5d 4s 2c] [3c]
Dealt to posmoss [3h 7h] [9c]
Dealt to davedutch [5h 3d] [9d]
pokerenthusiast bets 160
posmoss raises to 320
davedutch raises to 480
pokerenthusiast raises to 640
posmoss calls 320
davedutch calls 160

I have the nut and I have not had to force a bet yet. Check calling to this point looks to be me sitting on an 8 or a 7 when I have the nut. I bet out here because I know the shortie will reraise.

*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [Ad 5d 4s 2c 3c] [6s]
Dealt to posmoss [3h 7h 9c] [Td]
Dealt to davedutch [5h 3d 9d] [Th]
pokerenthusiast bets 160
posmoss calls 85, and is all in
davedutch calls 160

I don't like this card because it gives my hand more merit. They now know they are behind and check call my bet. I needed davedutch to catch the 6.

*** 7TH STREET ***
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [Ad 5d 4s 2c 3c 6s] [2h]
pokerenthusiast bets 160
davedutch calls 160
*** SHOW DOWN ***
pokerenthusiast shows [5d 2h 4s 2c 3c 6s Ad] 5,4,3,2,A
davedutch shows [5s 2d 5h 3d 9d Th As] 9,5,3,2,A
pokerenthusiast wins the side pot (470) with 5,4,3,2,A
posmoss mucks
pokerenthusiast wins the main pot (4,225)

davedutch called me down because of the large amount of chips in the pot. He knew he was beat and gave me 320 extra chips because he helped make the pot so big early. Control the size of the pot. He could have gotten away if he doesn't cap it.

Good luck to everyone playing to night for the TOC and the trip to Aussieland.

1 comment:

jusdealem said...

Very nice hand...that stuff never happens to me!

I'm sure the Kord will be interesting with all the possible bounties. Sucks I can't be there.

:(