Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It Rained So I Played

With the rain we had yesterday, all of the games were canceled. So instead of running around trying to get all of the kids to their games, I ran to my father-in0laws house and helped him with his computer. By the time I got home it was after 8:00 so I sat down and watched the rest of the Women’s College World Series. As someone who played the game I can relate to the emotion and speed of the game that they are playing. Other then March Madness, this is as fun to watch as any other college sporting event there is. In my opinion anyway.

By the time it was over and we got the kids to bed the Hoy had started so I watched a little of that and played in a PLO tourney. It was a short lived ordeal that saw me getting all of my money in with a nut flush draw, the 2nd nut flush draw in another suit, a gut shot straight draw and as it turned another 2 aces to give me the win. 24 outs and I miss them all. It may have been a little early but can I throw away my hand with that many outs? Maybe but if I double then I’m top 10.

After that I played a couple of SNGs cashing one and bubbling the other. Not a real exciting night but I did play a little.

**************************

Today I get to interview a couple of people for an open position we have at work. This will be the 3rd and 4th time I’ve done this over the last few weeks and even though I like being involved, it interferes with my day. How am I supposed to read blogs when I have to work?  Anyway, I get to go to Softball E’s game tonight which happens to be about 15 minutes from work so I can stay and get a little more done.

And thanks for the shout outs from Steve and George.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

You played the Women’s College World Series? DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I thought your Adams apple looked kinda small.