Monday, June 11, 2007

I Love poker So Much When it Sucks

Poker really sucks right now. I had a terrible night of running into coolers and losing to 3 outers that rivaled the worst I’ve seen. The frustration I felt as I ran kings into aces twice inside of 10 hands to knock me off of a nice payday just about put me over the edge. I was smart enough to quit playing before I did any damage but my poker ego was damaged pretty bad. The frustrating part of it was being top 20, near the bubble and running my first kings into aces. It was a solid stack that would have put me near the top. Ten hands later I get it all in vs. another solid stack with kings and his aces hold up. It sure can turn around fast. The crazy thing is that I hadn’t had the best cards to that point but I was playing a great game. I tested my opponents and convinced them to lay down some hands and also made some good lay downs my self. Well, that is poker and I will climb back on the horse soon.

I watched some of the 400K on FT last night and realized that it becomes a game of 2 card guts after it gets deep. The guy with the biggest nuts seems to be the winner in this event because there wasn’t any poker being played. At one point I looked at the previous 30 hands and noticed that only 5 flops were seen and only 2 went to the river. Now that’s poker.

******************

Speedy’s team is on a roll. They have won 3 in a row and have moved into 2nd place. She went 5 for 5 and pitched well in her last game and overall the kids are starting to play a lot better.

All three kids have games tonight so it will be a crazy night. Baseball E. plays at 5:30, Speedy and Softball E play at 6:00. I’ll get to see Speedy play because I’m coaching while Mrs. PE will be at BE’s game. Softball E. can take care of her self and will be dropped off at 5:00 for her game because they have to warm up way before their games start.

Softball E. was complaining about her wrist hurting, non-throwing wrist, and we asked her to put the pain on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the equivalent of death. She said an 8. Now I’ve been through a lot of pain during my sports career and the only time I had something that high was when I blew out my ankle sliding into 2nd base. I couldn’t walk for a week and didn’t play for a 4 or 5 weeks. It was an 8 for about a day.

We’ll she practice yesterday and I wrapped her wrist with athletic tape. She was like a little baby as put the tape on her wrist and complained as she took some practice swings. I told her it was tendonitis and that it will be just fine…that it is just an inflammation of the tendon and that if she can take a little pain she’ll be just fine. After her first swing she realized dad did know what he was talking about and she hit the ball well. Advil and tape does wonders. Anyway, we’ll keep an eye on her wrist but I think it will be fine in about a week. Thankfully, she doesn’t play again until next week.

Have a great day.

No comments: