Friday, January 19, 2007

Death of a Poker Player

I don’t want to talk about neteller to day so I won’t. Everyone else has said the obvious so my dribble will do nothing other then repeat what we all know.

I didn’t play poker last night. It was a night for my weekly soccer game and it didn’t disappoint. If you remember, last week I played and I thought I was on the verge of death as I laid on the ground gasping for breath as my lung heaved in convulsions. I even went as far as making a doctor’s appointment to make sure that I wasn’t at death’s door. Well I passed all the blood tests and basically I’m just an aging, overweight, out of shape guy trying to act young. So with all this in mind I hit the field running and ready to play. I made it through the whole game without a break and didn’t feel like dieing at any point. I was presented with an endless attack by the other team that didn’t let up at any point. In reality, I don’t think I’ve ever faced that many shots in my life. My defense, can you have a defense if they don’t actually come back, was all but invisible and I’m paying for it today. And other than the sprained/dislocated thumb I have it was a great time.

The discouraging part of this is that we have a lot of talent on the team. One of the players played for Everton in the English Premier League while another player played in the second division and for the Chicago Fire. The rest of the team is made up of former college players for the most part with a few division 1 players mixed in. Maybe it is a pre-madonna thinking by some of the players because many of the guys don’t want to work nearly as hard as I work. I have floor burns and scabs all over the place because I give it my all while other guys make a mistake and hang their heads as the other team attacks with a 2 on 1 break away. Suck it up and hustle you bastards. There is only one thing you can control on the field and that is how hard you play. Nobody can take that from you except your self. I will take 5 guys who never quit over ex-superstars who feel the deserve more. This being said, The Everton guy goes 100% all the time. It’s funny how the guy who went the farthest has a great work ethic. And most of the guys give a top effort but one guy giving up can make a big difference in the outcome.

So the doctor said my results were good for the most part. My cholesterol is 185 and both the good and bad are where they should be. My triglycerides (the level of fat in the blood) is a little high and my blood pressure still needs to be chemically lowered to a safe level. Basically get in shape you fat bastard.

Poker tonight will consist of a few tourneys and maybe some chat-box action but nothing to wild. I may play the token Razz tourney but we shall see. The daily double may also be in store but it is a little early so I may have to leave it for now.

Have a great weekend everone.

No comments: