Thursday, July 20, 2006

Limit Hold'em is a Blast

Well I have an interview next week with a company in West Chicago. The pay isn’t what I want but I’ll take a look nonetheless. The position is for a Quality Manager and should fit well with my experience.

Well, today I threw some money onto Pacific Poker just to give it a try. They give a 50% bonus up to $100 that is put into your account right away. So I’m looking around the site and see a $10 + 1 tourney starting in 10 minutes so I sign up. After we get started I realize it is a limit tourney so I get to use skills I have been neglecting. A few hours later, I’m on the final table and end up in fourth. I also took second in a SNG so during my first to games I’ve doubled my money. Not a bad start if I may say so. Anyway, I’m not to happy with the structure but the players are bad. I’ll continue to mess around here for a while just to see what I can do.

After hitting an all time high a few weeks ago, I gave back a good chunk when I started to play stupid. I‘ve gain back about half of my loses from that point and hope to continue the run I’m having.

********************

I’m trying to get an idea for cash game bankroll management. My thinking is that I should have 30 buy-ins for the level that I’m playing. Is this conservative or is this about right? Does this line of thinking work for SNGs and tournaments? I think it’s OK for SNGs but I’m not so sure about tourneys because of the higher variance involved with them. Also, should I keep my cash game money separate from my tourney money. I’m not sure this is needed but it is an idea.

********************

No game tonight. We have a ton of rain since yesterday and the fields are a mess. It’s to bad because I was really looking forward to playing tonight. One other side note is that If I get a job soon then I will go play in the NAFA World Series in mid August.

No comments: