Wednesday, July 12, 2006

On the Road to Obscurity

I cashed in two more MTTs today. I didn’t reach the big money but came close by taking 23rd and 20th in the two events. In both tournaments I pushed with pocket pairs and got called by QT and J8 respectively. Each opponent ended up getting a strait and knocking me out. I’m more then happy with my decisions and failed to win the needed hand.

********************

Boy, I’m enjoying reading the trip reports from the WPBT. I would have loved going to Vegas for the fun and the sun but not this time. We’ll see if I can swing next time.

********************

I was in a funk earlier today. It started when I was knocked out in 5 strait SNGs and continued when my wife got home. As far as the SNGs go, I never put myself in a position to win by playing a passive game. I don’t know why I continue to fall back on this but I ended it before I quit. And my wife is just tired. She is running a girls scout camp this week and comes home drained of life. She walks around in a zombie like state with a glassy look in her eyes. This goes away after a short while but I can see it draining her life force.

********************

I tried to load some pictures but I'm having troble moving them to the spot I want them. I will experiment some and see what I can come up with. By the way, my talk of Charles Bukowski got me some extra hits yesterday. Maybe I should add something like.... I'm not interested in more hits.

No comments: