Monday, April 23, 2007

Los Angles and Sickness

I guess I missed a lot while I was gone. I mean waffles won a blogger event so hell must have frozen over. Anyway, my trip to LA was uneventful other then the 2 ½ hour delay because of some issues with the jet. Then you add the 50-year-old women sitting next to me who wouldn’t stop talking. I eventually put on my headphones and listened to music to avoid her rambling. I ended up getting home around 11 pm, tired and a little under the weather.

Saturday was a day of practice for Speedy Enthusiast followed by a delayed Easter dinner for all my wife’s relatives. By the time we got to the in-laws house around 12:30, I was feeling terrible with a fever and no appetite. I spent the whole time sitting in the living room trying to fall asleep. Later in the afternoon, Softball Enthusiast had a practice game so we headed to the ball park for some softball fun. Now it’s almost 80 degrees but I’m cold and end up with a blanket before the end of the game. I shivered uncontrolled for the last inning as my body tried to warm up.

Sunday wasn’t much better. I took a couple of Advil in the morning as I was walking out the door to go to Softball Enthusiast tourney. It helped some but I wore a jacket for much of the day. The girls played well and went undefeated in three games so it was very good day for ball. My daughter threw well. She had 10 strikeouts in 5 innings of work and threw the ball stupid hard. I’m not sure how hard she was throwing but it was the hardest I’ve seen her throw.

That brings today and trying to deal with the continued sickness that has attacked me. I have that clammy feeling as my body goes from slight fever to sweating it out. I want to crawl into my bed and pass out. I’ve dozed off a few times already today and may take a nap at lunch.

I have a couple of reviews to write so I’ll try to get them done tonight.

Have a better day then me.

No comments: