Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Weekend of Futility

Another weekend of futility as I dropped a chunk of theoretical money. It was theoretical because I played with tokens for the most part.

I had built up my token count and decided to play some token tourneys. It started with the satellite for the 250,000 on FT. The events to come were a premonition of things to come for the night. As I approached the bubble and the ticket for the quarter million guarantee, my big pocket pairs in consecutive hands were called by AK or AQ and saw ace high flops. Of course I had queens when the other guy had AK and kings when he had AQ. Thank you for playing and have a nice day.

The 30,000 went well until I got kings again. As I sat with a better then average stack I made a standard 3x raise and get one caller from the SB. The flop is KQ6 and the SB checks. I make a continuation bet trying to build the pot and he pushes all in. I call and he shows KJ. Running cards end my happiness. Two hands later I flop top two pair and get all my money in to lose to runner, runner again.

Time for a token race and my only win for the night. I got short stacked early and held on with some good luck to win. Nothing all that great just a moral victory.

I also played a $75 token race and got knocked out when my Queens lost to AK when my opponent called my river push and hit his ace.

I drop another token playing Omaha H/L just short of the money when my second nut flush lost to the nut. In my defense, there were 5 clubs on the board and three in my hand. I really didn’t think that one player would be holding 2 out of the last 5 clubs let alone Ax of that suit.

So that was my Friday night. In retrospect, I made solid decisions so I’m not really complaining. I know that I will be ahead in the long run.

Saturday was an SNG night and it continued to go bad. Unlucky would be a term that I could use to describe the night. I won’t go into the details but it was frustrating.

I finally turned it around a little while playing some cash games on Sunday morning. Nothing spectacular but positive numbers are always good. I also cashed in my only SNG so good things happen to those who wait I guess.

**********************

Later on I’m going to show some of the results that I track. I don’t know how significant they are but I would be interested in knowing what you think.

Have a great day.

No comments: